The Alternative Technology Association (ATA) is Australia's leading independent organisation promoting sustainable solutions for households. The ATA provides independent, practical advice on how to make homes cheaper to run, more comfortable to live in and environmentally friendly.
A not-for-profit organisation, the ATA has more than 5000 members across Australia walking the talk in their own homes. ATA also conducts research on sustainable technologies and practices and advocates to government to make it easier for other Australians to live sustainably.
The ATA's knowledge is based on our members' practical experience. Our two magazines ReNew: technology for a sustainable future and Sanctuary: modern green homes have a combined readership of over 150,000 and provide practical, technically sound advice.
The Tankulator was built by ATA staff as a tool for householders who are either seeking to install a rainwater system in their homes or improve on their current rainwater system. We have come across many tanks which are left full of water in backyards, going unused. An efficient tank is one which cycles water regularly and provides an important, independent source of water for householders and businesses. Our hope is that users of the Tankulator will feel they are in a greater position to get the best from their rainwater system.
We would like to acknowledge the help of our partners in providing this service including:
Join the ATA
Become a member of the ATA and gain access to a large support network of knowledgeable people and receive a range of privileges to help you achieve your sustainability dreams.
- Free Advice Service, provided by the ATA's experienced advisors, can answer all your sustainable living questions from solar installation to greywater gardening.
- Free online library has thousands of articles on sustainable living from ReNew and Sanctuary magazines.
- Discounts from the ATA web shop and on a range of sustainable-focus products and services.
- Invitations to participate in your local branch activities. An opportunity to network and exchange information with like-minded people.
- Quarterly issues of ReNew and/or Sanctuary magazine.
- Updates on the ATA’s local, national and international projects.